Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Q10 : The way respondent want to be teach about how to program

download the survey
We asked students about how they teaching approach to how to program.
For this initial analysis of data, we categorized their respond to learning method and computer-related term (Any of the response that consists computer/programming vocabulary).

Learning MethodComputer related term
-demonstrate by example
-directed-support
-construct
-(Detail)Explaination
-Progress
-Repetition
-Exploration
-reward
-motivation
-alternative
-(source) code
- function(s)
-method
-loop:for,while-indexing
-program(s)
-syntax
-string
-comment(s)
-Problem Solving


RespondentResponseLearning MethodComputer related term
1with examples and optimism and chocolatesdemonstrate,motivation,reward
2Show me the answer but explain how to get that
answer or alternative methods of obtaining the answer
demonstrate,alternative,explainmethods
3I don't know
4Teach in way which I can use what I have learnt to create useful programsconstruct,directedprograms
5By going over each part-what is a string, what is a loop etc.then using it in examples starting from start to finishdirectedstring,loop
6Make videos that I can rewind , with charts of what we learned at the end and so I know what I should capable of in programming and where to go back to relearn it.repetition,progression
7Explain what the different types of functions are and everything else used in the programming language,then show examples of they are used.Explaination Demonstratefunctions
8Pretty much how it is doneDemonstrate
9go through course notes and then give examples afterdirected,demonstrate
10Give me notes beforehand short exercises to make sure I understand the feedback on my responsessupport
11 Expertly
12Prior reading of the topic and then give examplessupport
13Show me what different functions & methods do what,and show me how to link them together to create basic programs.demonstratefunctions&methods
14Via careful demonstration by not by just rushing through codes without detailed explaination.directed
demonstrate
Explaination
source code
15working through examples of codetracingsource code
16I would like some actual program to demonstrate how the code work and more detail how it works.tracingsource code
17Progressively harder exercises, making you think and look,
about how to approach and solve.
gradually-construct
18Step by step on screen with comment.directed
explaination
19-
20Well/properly ie. Give me examples and explain them so I can follow the steps.directed
explaination
21Basic theory & lots of examples.support
22By showing me how to program.demonstrateprogram
23With small simple explainations and examples.Explain various concepts and then put them together. Explain while/for loops indexed.Explainationloops-while/for
index
24Step by stepdirected
25give more examplesdemonstrate
26show me an example of each section of code,and then make me replicate with variations.demonstrate
construct
replication
27To go through lots of examples and changing the function of
the program.
modificationfunction
28Demonstrating simple concepts. Practice with concepts and build them gradually.
1.show
2.Do/Practice-demonstrate understanding-OK
3.Next concept
4.etc. etc
demonstrate
construct
Progress
29Slowly and carefully and explain to me like I don't already understand with they're explaining.detail explaination
30Repeating simple processes over and over and then implementing them into a problem.Repetition
Construct
problem
31Use lots of examples to demonstrate various functions/syntax of the language, and step-by-step.demonstrate
directed
functions
syntax
32Show me a use of it,try it out, shows further uses.demonstrate
explore
33Show me notes and examples.Then give me exercises for me to practice on what I have just been taught.support
explore
34detail step by step and a lot of examples.directed
support
35Through demonstrations and explainations and problem solving.directed
36Yes, of course
37Step by step and give an example.directed
support

No comments:

Post a Comment